Last Updated: October 28, 2019
Collection, use and disclosure of your personal information
- The Site is not intended to receive confidential information from you. Consequently, and except for personal data mentioned herein, any information, whatever its form - document, data, graphic, question, suggestion, concept, comment or other - that you send us via and in relation to the Site will not under any circumstances be deemed confidential. Consequently, the act of sending it to us alone gives us the right to use it, reproduce it, publish it, alter it or send it with a view to dealing with your request.
- We collect, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- performance and improvement of the Site;
- gathering data on the Site navigation;
- for any additional purposes identified at the time of collection; and
- as otherwise as permitted or required by applicable law (collectively the “Purposes”).
Generally stated, by “Personal Information” we mean any information about an identifiable natural person, as further defined in applicable privacy laws. Personal Information may include but is not limited to your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, and email address relating to the Site.
Except for any log files and cookies to the extent set out below, if you are simply visiting our Site, we do not collect any of your Personal Information.
Information we share
We do not disclose Personal Information about our Site users visiting the Site, except as described herein, and as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
Third-party service providers: the Company has engaged third-party service providers to provide certain services and assist with the daily operations and maintenance of the Site, these services may include:
- logistics/technical and level support,
- testing and validation, hosting, management of the Site. (collectively the “Services”).
- The Site is not intended to solicit adverse experience for the Company’s products, affiliates’ products or the products of other companies. As a user of this Site, if you provide information about an adverse experience while using any of the products, we may use the information you provided to submit reports to Health Canada and/or other relevant regulators. We may be required to contact you and/or your healthcare professional for further information. You understand that in order to comply with the law, we may not be permitted to meet your request to amend or remove Personal Information you provided to us or a third party regarding an adverse experience while using any products.
- Other than for the purpose of pharmacovigilance (adverse event) regulatory purposes, in rare situations the Company may be required by court order or other legal or regulatory process, or as otherwise required by law to divulge personally identifiable information (Personal Information) to law enforcement authorities, the courts, or regulatory authorities. The Company will cooperate in responding to such requests, in accordance with the regulatory or legal process, and will take appropriate measures to ensure that the requester understands the sensitive nature of any health-related personally identifiable information they receive.
Cookies and log files
Information collected automatically may include information, such as your IP address, domain name, web page, the length of time spent on the site and/or a page, and the pages accessed while visiting the Site, which, to the extent such information is identifiable with you, is Personal Information. This Personal Information may be collected through “log files” and “cookies.” Log files are small text files that websites automatically create when a user visits a site. This information collected through log files is stored on the server on which the website is hosted. A cookie is a tool that enables tracking and targeting preferences. They help us to learn, for example, how many new visitors the site is getting, and to identify site features in which visitors may have the greatest interest. Cookies and log files may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular page. They thus help provide you better designed and personalized services. Like many companies we aggregate the Personal Information that is automatically collected. The cookie will be stored on your computer's hard drive until you remove it. We may also use temporary or “session” cookies to help you use this Website. These temporary cookies will expire when you leave the Website.
Links to other websites
- Occasionally we provide links to other third party websites for your convenience. These sites operate independently from this Site and are not under our control. These sites may have their own privacy practices, notices or policies in place, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit them. Without limitation, we are not responsible for the content of these sites, any products or services that may be offered through these sites or any other use of these sites, nor for any Personal Information processing and privacy practices associated with such sites.
- The Company and its third-party service providers will only retain Personal Information as long as needed to fulfill the relevant disclosed purposes. The aggregated file containing your Personal Information will be made available to the authorized employees, contractors or agents of the Company who need to access the information in connection with the Purposes as applicable. The Personal Information will be held primarily in an electronic database.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and all other unlawful forms of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. When you provide Personal Information online, we use encryption on the Internet which is industry standard for this type of information — Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology — to help protect the information that you provide. This Internet encryption standard scrambles Personal Information as it travels from your computer to our server. You will know that you are in a secure area of our website when a lock icon appears on your screen that the “http” prefix of our URL address changes to “https.” The “s” represents “secure.”
We hereby agree to respect and observe the provisions set forth in Quebec Act respecting the protection of Personal Information in the Private Sector (the “Act”) and any other applicable Canadian federal or provincial legislation regulating the protection of personal information in the private sector. To the extent there is additional protection afforded to you, pursuant to the Act or any such other applicable privacy legislation, and same is not set forth herein, we agree to take such measures to give full effect to such additional protection.